Study Bartram (2011): study US 1995
- 18-94 aged natives and immigrants, USA, 1995
- Survey name
- INT-WorldValuesSurvey 3
- N = 1339
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
- Authors's Label
- Immigrant Status
- Our Classification
- Total sample: M=1534; Natives: M=1414 Total immigrants:120; European and Canadian immigrants: M=41; Asian, African, & Latin-American immigrants: N=79
- Selfreport on single question: Were you born in the UNITED STATES?
If 'no': Where were you born?
b: Latin America
Observed Relation with Happiness
- all M=7.46 / M=7.68 - 0.22
- Canada, Europe M=8.03 +.0.35
- Africa, Asia, Latin M=7.18 -.0.50
- Interaction ln(income)*immigrant status,
Interaction immigrant*ln(hh income) B=.56(p=.041)
B when controlled for 'financial satisfaction' in addition:
B=-1.3 (p<.13) for immigrant status
B=+.36 (p<.14) for ln (hh)income*immigrants status
Similar results are found in an ordered logit model.