- 6 months aged infants, Israel, followed from 1980-1981
- Survey name
- Unnamed study
- N = 40
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
- Authors's Label
- Object Environment
- Our Classification
- Infants and their mothers were observed at their homes two times within 2weeks around the infant's 6-months-birthday and the 12-months-birthday. Observations were video-taped and include half-minute observations followed by 1-min recording time focusing on specific mother-child and child-environment interactions.
- Observer's rating of objects around the child.
a Responsivity (degree of possible changes in the object as result of infant's actions, e.g. change in form or sound)
b Complexity (number of distinct parts, colors or textures of each)
c Variety (number of play objects)
Objects have been chosen by mother.
Observed Relation with Happiness
- 6 months: mr=+.22 ns (stronger among boys)
- 12 months: mr=+.17 ns
- 6 months: mr=+.34 p<.05 (only among boys)
- 12 months: mr=+.05 ns
- 6 months: mr=+.29 p<.05
- 12 months: mr=+.24 ns