- 16-42 aged mothers with newborns, Seattle, USA, 197?
- Survey name
- Unnamed study
- N = 105
- Non Response
structured 1,5 hour home interview when infant was home from hospital 1 month
- Authors's Label
- Our Classification
- Life Experience Survey (LES, Sarason, Johnson, & Siegel 1978). No significant differences have been found between mothers of premature infants and mothers of full-term infants .
- Self report on a series of 46 life events as
- having occurred or not occurred
- whether the impact was 'good' or 'bad
- the degree of the effect (none, some, moderate, great)
Observed Relation with Happiness
- low support + high stress: lowest happiness rating
- high support + high stress: higher happiness rating