- Eldery, United States, followed through retirement 1992-2004
- N = 2389
- Non Response
- 25%; from 3022 (fully retired in 2004) to 2389.
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
- Authors's Label
- Our Classification
- Assessed at T1: 1992, when still working; T2: 2004, when retired.
- 0=70,1% 1=29,9%
- Blue-collar workers are respondents who classified themselves in any of the following categories: farming, forestry or fishing, mechanics or repair, precision production, operators (machine, transportation, handlers) and armed forces.
Observed Relation with Happiness
B controlled for:
-retirement (partly) wanted
-years since retirement
-log of mean wealth
-more than high school