- Eldery, United States, followed through retirement 1992-2004
- N = 2389
- Non Response
- 25%; from 3022 (fully retired in 2004) to 2389.
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
- Authors's Label
- Our Classification
- Assessed at T1: 1992, when still working; T2: 2004, when retired.
- Not reported.
- Log of mean of non-housing wealth in T1-T2-period. The variable is recoded to zero if mean wealth is negative.
Range: 0 to 18.765 (real USD, 2003).
Values in each wave adjusted by Consumer Price Index (CPI) real dollars.
Observed Relation with Happiness
b controled for:
-retirement (partly) wanted
-years since retirement
-more than high school