- Eldery, United States, followed through retirement 1992-2004
- N = 2389
- Non Response
- 25%; from 3022 (fully retired in 2004) to 2389.
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
- Authors's Label
- Spouse death
- Our Classification
- Assessed at T1: 1992, when still working; T2: 2004, when retired.
- 2,3% yes, 97,7% no.
- Change of marital status reported at T1 and T2, from 'married' to 'widowed'.
Observed Relation with Happiness
B controlled for:
-retirement (partly) wanted
-years since retirement
-log of mean wealth
-more than high school