Study Casas et al. (2003): study ES Cataluna 1999
- 12-16 aged, secondary schools pupils, Catalunya, Spain, 1999
- N = 968
- Non Response
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Administered to whole group of pupils in classroom settings. Adolescents' regular teacher and one or two researchers were present.
- Authors's Label
- Activities to achieve things seen on TV
- Our Classification
- Gender or age have nothing to do with the responses.
- C: N=489; N= 1: 44,4%, 2: 37,2%, 3: 18,4%.
- Analysis of a two-part open-ended question:
A. have you ever seen anyone on tv doing soomething that you would like to do, and you think you could do? Answers were analysed in two ways:
B. if answer was positive, researchers classified into three answer categories the answers of adolescents who report what they would like doing:
1 related to sport
2 media related activities
3 travelling or adventure activities.
Part2: If you have done it how did you go about doing what you have seen? Answer categories:
2 training or learning
3 trying or demanding.