- Elderly, British Columbia, Canada, 2005
- N = 656
- Non Response:
Replication of a similar survey in 1999
- Authors's label
- Crime-Related Worries index
- Our Classification
- Crime-Related Worries Index, average of 6
items; 0 = never worry 10 = worry a great deal.
1. A thief will break into your home while you are away. 2. Someone will use a weapon to take something from you by force.
3. Someone will steal a personal item e.g., coat, purse, when you have left it somewhere unattended. 4. A thief will break into your home while you are home.
5. Someone will cheat or con you out of a large amount of your money. 6. Someone will assault you.
Observed Relation with Happiness
- mental health
- social support
- crime-relatred worries
- difficulty meeting housing costs
- % of income spent on housing cost
- satisfaction with:
- living partner
- romantic relationships
- feeling part of community
- financial security
- government officials
- sense of meaning of life
- achievements in life
- future society