- 18+ aged, students, USA, 199?
- N = 298
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
- Authors's Label
- Satisfaction with possessions
- Our Classification
- Interview instructions: Note that persons might like owning something - a classic car or a piece of property - even though thay never use it. Or they might be pleased both to own and to use the thing. On these items, indicate only how you feel about owning the item, not how you feel using or consuming it. Respond only to the items you own.
- Selfreport on 6 questions:
If you own any of the following items, please indicate the extent to which you are satisfied/dissatisied with possessing or owning them.
a. House or condominium
b. Consumer electronis (CD player, TV, VCR, computers, etc.)
c. Furniture and/or appliances
d. Private transportation (cars, trucks, motorcycles,and bicycles)
e. clothing accessories, and jewelry
f. Savings and investments
0=no opinion, missing value
Composite index is average of 6 formative single indicators.
Observed Relation with Happiness
- political situation
- cultural life
- social life
Unaffected by additional control for satisfaction with:
- repair services
- do-it-yourself repairs