- 8-12 aged children, 2 schools, Canada, 200?
- N = 320
- Non Response:
- Questionnaire: paper
- Authors's label
- Spiritual practice/ belief
- Our Classification
- Practice and Belief Scale(PBS):
- Religious pracice:
- How often do you go to a place of worship such as a church?
- How often do you pray or meditate privately outside of church or other place of worship?
- I read religious or spiritual books or magazines
- Belief in a higher power:
- I feel a higher power’s presence
- I believe in a higher power who watches over me
- I feel a higher power’s love for me
- I desire to be closer to a higher power
- Spirituality’s role in coping and everyday life:
- How often do you find strength and comfort in your religion or spirituality?
- When you are worried or have a problem, how often do you depend on your religion or spirituality to help you?
- I try hard to use my religious or spiritual beliefs in all parts of my life
- Overall self-perception of religiousness or spirituality: Do you think of yourself as a religious or spiritual person?
Rated on a 7-point Likert-type scale from 1 (never) to 7 (very often).
Observed Relation with Happiness
Beta's controlled for child's:
Additional variance explained by spiritual practice/beliefs after gender, school and temperatement:
- 0,5% of child's rating of own happiness (ns)
- 0,0% of parents rating of childs happiness (ns)