- 18-aged, followed 5 years; Berkeley, USA, 19??-19??.
- N = 95
- Non Response:
at 18 years interviewed bij 4 examiners and 2 interviewers; at 23 years interviewed by a different set of 3 examiners and 3 interviewers.
- Authors's label
- ego- resilience
- Our Classification
- Ego-Resiliency Scale (ER89)
1. I am generous with my friends.
2. I quickly get over and recover from being startled.
3. I enjoy dealing with new and unusual situations.
4. I usually succeed in making a favorable impressoion on people.
5. I enjoy trying new foods I have never tasted before.
6. I am regarded as a very energetic person.
7. I like to take different paths to familiar places.
8. I am more curious than most people.
9. Most of the people I meet are likeable.
10. I usually think carefully about something before ascting.
11. I like tot do new and different things.
12. My daily life is full of things that keep me interested.
13. I would be willing to describe myself as a pretty "strong"personality.
14. I get over my anger at someone reasonably quickly.
Items are responded to using a 4-step continuum: 1: does not apply at all;
2: applies sligthly 3: applies somewat; 4: applies very strongly.
Observed Relation with Happiness
rpc's controlled for intelligence as measured with WAIS