- 18-aged, followed 5 years; Berkeley, USA, 19??-19??.
- N = 95
- Non Response
at 18 years interviewed bij 4 examiners and 2 interviewers; at 23 years interviewed by a different set of 3 examiners and 3 interviewers.
- Authors's Label
- ego- resilience
- Our Classification
- Error Estimates
- Cronbach alpha: +.76 5 years over time correlation +.51 (females), +.39 (males); adjusted for attenuation: +. 67 and +.51.
- Assessed at T1 and T2. Average used here. Ego-Resiliency Scale (ER89)
- Related specification variables
- Selfreport in 14 statements
a. I am generous with my friends.
b. I quickly get over and recover from being startled.
c. I enjoy dealing with new and unusual situations.
d. I usually succeed in making a favorable impression on people.
e. I enjoy trying new foods I have never tasted before.
f. I am regarded as a very energetic person.
g. I like to take different paths to familiar places.
h. I am more curious than most people.
i. Most of the people I meet are likeable.
j. I usually think carefully about something before ascting.
k. I like tot do new and different things.
l. My daily life is full of things that keep me interested.
m. I would be willing to describe myself as a pretty "strong"personality.
N.. I get over my anger at someone reasonably quickly.
1: does not apply at all;
2: applies sligthly
3: applies somewat;
4: applies very strongly.
Observed Relation with Happiness
rpc's controlled for intelligence as measured with WAIS