- Dairy farm couples, Utah, USA,1986
- N = 116
- Non Response
Two-person interview teams conducted separate simultaneous interviews with the husband and wife in each dairy farm household.
- Authors's Label
- Satisfaction with goods and services in local area
- Our Classification
- M = wives: 5,08; husbands 5,26; difference not significant.
- Related specification variables
- Selfreport on single question:
How do you feel about the goods and services in your local area?
5: mostly satisfied
3: mostly dissatisfied
Observed Relation with Happiness
Beta's controlled for satisfaction with:
-leisure: amount of fun
-leisure: time (available)
-off-farm job (only if husband and wife have off-farm-jobs)
Beta's very similar if satisfaction with farm work is removed from regression-equation.
(wives: -0,03, husbands: +0,14)