- Dairy farm couples, Utah, USA,1986
- N = 116
- Non Response
Two-person interview teams conducted separate simultaneous interviews with the husband and wife in each dairy farm household.
- Authors's Label
- Satisfaction with off-farm job
- Our Classification
- M = wives: 5,77; husbands 5,39; difference not significant.
- Related specification variables
- Selfreport on single question:
How do you feel about your off-farm job (if any)?
5: mostly satisfied
3: mostly dissatisfied
Observed Relation with Happiness
Beta's controlled for satisfaction with:
-satisfaction with own health
-leisure: amount of fun
-leisure: spare time (how spent)
-leisure: time (available)
-goods and services
Beta's very similar if satisfaction with farm work is removed from regression-equation.
(wives: +0,03, husbands: -0,06)