- 19+ aged, United States, 1992-97
- N = 691
- Non Response:
- not reported
- Interview: telephone (CATI)
- Authors's Label
- Distress symptoms
- Our Classification
- Error Estimates
- Langner scale (1962) on symptoms of psychiatric impairement
- Selfreport on 22 questions on symptoms of psychiatric impairement.
Typical questions are:
- 'How often in the last year have you found yourself wondering if anything is worthwhile anymore?'and
- 'How often in the last year did you feel isolated and alone, somewhat apart from others, even among friends?'
Rated on an 3-point numerical scale:
(1=never; 2=sometimes; 3=often)
The mean of the items served as measure of distress.