- 18+ aged, students USA, followed 3 months,199?
- N = 152
- Non Response
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
T1 + T5: in-class questionnaires T2 - T4: questionnaires within lab sessions
- Authors's Label
- Need satisfaction
- Our Classification
- T2-T4: Assessed 3 times during 3 month semester
- T1 BASELINE NEED SATISFACTION
Selfreport on 3 questions: "the extent to which you are having this type of experiences in your life, at present:
- feeling generally competent and able in what I attempt
- feeling generally autonomous and choiceful in what I do
- feeling generally related and connected to the people I spend time with"
Rated 1 (very little) to 7 (very much)
To form a composite score the ratings were summed
T2-T4 SEMESTER NEED SATISFACTION
Participants free listed the three activities, respectively social contacts, they had spent the most time performing during the preceding 24hr, excluding eating or sleeping
Rated feelings of competence, autonomy and relatedness while doing each activity using a 1 (not at all competent) to 7 (very competent) scale
competence and relatedness composite scores were formed by averaging the ratings, respectively.
autonomy composite score was formed by summing average identified and intrinsic ratings and subtrating average external and introjected ratings.
to form a composite score the composite scores for competence, autonmomy and relatedness were summed.