- Female college students, Radcliff USA, followed 6 weeks, 1957
- N = 21
- Non Response
Mood diary kept 30 days.
- Authors's Label
- Thought processes
- Our Classification
- Related specification variables
- Repeated closed question on 'how readi- ly your ideas came and how valuable they seemed', rated on a 10-point scale:
10. I am a surging torrent of spectacu-
9. Brilliant penetrating ideas emerg-
ing spontaneously and with great
8. Ideas coming quickly and effort-
7. Clever and keen
6. Quite alert. Thoughts fairly quick
5. Not particularly alert. My ideas
trivial and commonplace.
4. My mind feels ponderous and dull.
My thoughts are slow and monoto-
3. My thoughts all seem weary, stale,
flat and unprofitable.
2. My mind is stagnant. Almost nothing
1. My mind is cold, dead. Nothing
Scale scored each night for the highest, lowest and average experience of the day.
(Wessman & Ricks Thought Processes Scale)
Observed Relation with Happiness
Daily highest : r = +.57 (05)
Daily average : r = +.82 (05)
Daily lowest : r = +.74 (05)