- Female college students, Radcliff USA, followed 6 weeks, 1957
- N = 21
- Non Response
Mood diary kept 30 days.
- Authors's Label
- Own sociability (vs withdrawal)
- Our Classification
- Repeated closed question on 'how so- cially outgoing or withdrawn you felt today', rated on a 10-point scale:
10. Immensely sociable and outgoing.
9. Highly outgoing, congenial and
8. Very sociable and involved in
7. Companionable. Ready to mix with
6. Fairly sociable. More or less ac-
5. Not particularly outgoing. Feel a
little bit unsociable.
4. Retiring, would like to avoid
3. Feel detached and withdrawn. A
great distance between myself and
2. Self-contained and solitary.
1. Completely withdrawn. Want no human
Scale scored each night for the highest, lowest and average experience of the day.
(Wessman & Ricks Own Sociability vs Withdrawal Scale)
Observed Relation with Happiness
average score on the Elation-Depression Scale (AFF 3.1) during 6 weeks.
Daily highest : r = +.56 (05)
Daily average : r = +.78 (05)
Daily lowest : r = +.51 (05)