- Female college students, Radcliff USA, followed 6 weeks, 1957
- N = 21
- Non Response:
Mood diary kept 30 days.
- Authors's label
- Present work
- Our Classification
- Repeated closed question on 'how satis- fied or dissatisfied you were with your work', rated on a 10-point scale:
10. Tremendous, intense delight in my
work. Proud of my purpose, skill,
9. Great pleasure and enjoyment in my
work. Much fulfillment through work
8. Considerable satisfaction with my
work. Eager to continue.
7. Satisfied with my work. Encouraged
to go on with it.
6. More or less satisfied with my
work. Keep plugging along.
5. Somewhat dissatisfied with my work.
Not much enjoyment doing it.
4. Dissatisfied with my work. Can't
see much good in it. Moderately
3. Greatly dissatisfied with my work.
Not doing a good job. Markedly
2. Tremendously dissatisfied and frus-
trated in my work. Befuddled. Dis-
1. Completely disatisfied and frustra-
ted in my work. Hopeless, useless
Scale scored each night for the highest, lowest and average experience of the day.
(Wessman & Ricks Present Work Scale)
Observed Relation with Happiness
Daily highest : r = +.40 (ns)
Daily average : r = +.53 (05)
Daily lowest : r = +.54 (05)