- Female college students, Radcliff USA, followed 6 weeks, 1957
- N = 21
- Non Response:
Mood diary kept 30 days.
- Authors's label
- Harmony vs anger
- Our Classification
- Repeated closed question on 'how well you got along with, or how angry you felt toward, other people' rated on a 10-point scale:
10. Boundless good will and complete
9. Enormous good will and great harmo-
8. Considerable good will.
7. Get along well and rather smoothly.
6. Get along pretty well, more or less
5. A little bit annoyed, somewhat 'put
out'. Minor irritations.
4. Annoyed, irritated, provoked.
3. Very angry. Ill will.
2. Enraged. Seething with anger and
1. Violent hate and fury. Desire to
Scale scored each night for the highest, lowest and average experience of the day.
(Wessman & Ricks Harmony vs Anger Scale)
Observed Relation with Happiness
Daily highest : r = +.58 (05)
Daily average : r = +.81 (05)
Daily lowest : r = +.58 (05)