- Female college students, Radcliff USA, followed 6 weeks, 1957
- N = 21
- Non Response:
Mood diary kept 30 days.
- Authors's label
- Energy vs fatigue
- Our Classification
- Repeated closed question on 'how ener- getic, or tired and weary, you felt' rated on a 10-point scale:
10. Limitless zeal. Surging with ener-
gy. Vitality spilling over.
9. Exuberant vitality, tremendous
energy, great zest for activity.
8. Great energy and drive.
7. Very fresh, considerable energy.
6. Fairly fresh. Adequate energy.
5. Slightly tired, indolent. Somewhat
lacking in energy.
4. Rather tired. Lethargic. Not much
3. Great fatigue. Sluggish. Can hard-
ly keep going. Meager resources.
2. Tremendously weary. Nearly worn out
and practically at a standstill.
Almost no resources.
1. Utterly exhausted. Entirely worn
out. Completely incapable of even
the slightest effort.
Scale scored each night for highest, lowest and average experience of the day.
(Wessman & Ricks Energie vs Fatigue
Observed Relation with Happiness
Daily highest : r = +.37 (ns)
Daily average : r = +.76 (05)
Daily lowest : r = +.48 (05)