- 10+ aged, general public, Russia, 1995-2000
- Survey name
- N = 5269
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
- Authors's Label
- Change in health problems
- Our Classification
- Assessed at T1 (1995) and T2 (2000) Russia went through major changes in this era, among which a financial crisis in 1998
- Self report on 3 questions:
a: have you in the last 30 days had any health problems?
c: have you been in the hospital in the last 3 months?
c: In in the last 30 days did you miss any work of study days due to illness?
Rated: yes (1), no (0)
Summation: equal weights
Observed Relation with Happiness
Beta controlled for change in:
- static variables
- status variables
- education level
- educational participation
- health behavior (drinking, smoking)
- marital status
- employment (retirement, unemployment)