- 75-85 aged, Helsinki, Finland followed 1989-1999, ( T1 1989, T2 1994, T3 1999)
- N = 491
- Non Response:
Also postal questionnaire and clininal examination.
- Authors's label
- Moved to institutional care
- Our Classification
- 0. Still iving on their own at T2
1. Went to care home between T1 and T2
Observed Relation with Happiness
- T1 health (comprehensive measure)
This happiness item is part of an index of 'positive life orientation', which also involved questions on: feeling needed, having plans for the future, having zest in life, seldom feeling depressed and seldom feeling lonely (all coded yes/no)
High scores on that index at T1 (all items yes) go with a lower chance of being in instititional care at T2 (OR = 0.58), but not at T3.
Split up of T2 difference shows that the holds for all items separately, but not for this question on life satisfaction.