Study Suh (1994): study ZZ East-West pairs 1989
- College students, Korea, China, and USA, 198?
- N = 217
- Non Response
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Questionnaire completed in class
- Authors's Label
- Ambivalence over emotional expressiveness
- Our Classification
- Mean: China=3.84, S-Korea=4.13, USA=3.36
- Related specification variables
- Ambivalence over Emotional expressiveness Questionnaire(AEQ, King& Emmons, 1990): 28 items which address ambivalent emotional conditions such as "I want to express my emotions honestly but I am afraid that it may cause me embarrassment or hurt"
rated on a 7 point scale
1 never feel that way...7 always feel that way