- 12 - 24 aged children of divorce, 1992, The Netherlands
- N = 114
- Non Response:
- 26,1 %
And questionnaire. One of the parents of the youngstres is also interviewed to determine stepfamily lifestyle
- Authors's label
- Stepfamily Lifestyle
- Our Classification
- Both youngsters and one of their parents answered the following questions:
A. Stepfamilies fare better living like a first nuclear family.
B. After divorce it is better to forget the past.
C. The best family form is still two first married partners and their children.
D. Quarrels in a family should be prevented as much as possible.
E. looking after a family is more important than work outside the home.
F. A mother with young children should not work outside the home.
G. It is logical that a man has fewer duties in the household than a woman.
Agreement was rated on 5-point scales.
Possible range of traditionalism 7-35.
Three types of stepfamily lifestyles were distinguished:
Observed Relation with Happiness
2: semi-traditional Mt=7,95
3: traditional Mt=7,86
- time since (step)family formation
- stepmother/stepfather family
- frequency of contact with nonresident parent
- social class of stepfamily
- educational level