Study Brinkerhoff et al. (1997): study IN Other place in India 1996
- Adult, general public, poor rural village, Barasi, India 1991
- N = 234
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
- Authors's Label
- Perceived village needs: Irrigation
- Our Classification
- Items for pairwise comparison were selested by participant observation and open interviews
0: 1.36%; 1: 23,5%: 2: 35,0%; 3: 23,5%;
- Village needs prioritized by Paired Comparisons. Out of four basic needs ss were asked to compare two at a time and to select, which they sought 'their community needs most'
- school for boys
- school for girls
- repair irrigation
- training center for women
This leads to six pairs of comparisons.
Score pro need can be:
0. not mentioned
3. three times
Needs index is the mean number of times an item is chosen.