- Nursing home residents, Ohio, 198?
- N = 40
- Non Response:
- not rep
- Interview: face-to-face
- Authors's label
- invoking responsibility
- Our Classification
- In a nursing home three groups were selected for a test for a responsibility inducing intervention.
1. Responsibility group. In a meeting the head administrator delivered a message of " caring for yourself, making your own decisions" They also got the responsibility for a bird feeder put up at their window,with the instruction: "when the food gets down, let us know"
2. Dependency group. In a meeting the head administrator delivered a dependency message: "your happiness is our responsibility"
3. Control group. They received no message at all.
Happiness was assessed 2 weeks prior to the interventions and 3 weeks after.