- Any research report that refers to the subjective appreciation of life-as-a-whole, even
if this subject is only a side-issue.
- Not included are related fields like 'mental health', 'social adjustment' 'alienation'
and satisfaction with 'domains of life'.
- 9302 titles.
- Almost complete coverage of the social-science literature up to 2010 in English, German,
- Includes not only journal articles, but also books, dissertations, conference papers and
unpublished research reports.
- Title descriptions involving:
- Author, title, publisher or journal, year of publication
- Language of the report
- Type of study
- Subject classification (388 subject categories)
- Data classification (empirical studies only)
- Time frame: past / present / future / perceived change
- Variant measured: overall happiness / hedonic level / contentment
- Included or not in 'Catalogue of Happiness Correlates' or 'Catalogue of Happiness in
Nations' (depending on whether the happiness measure fits our conceptualization
- Links to full text of about half of the publications
Back to startpage Bibliography of Happiness