Support Fund for the World Database of Happiness
Article 1: Name, goal and seat
- The name of the fund is “The Support Fund for the World Database of Happiness”, here after called the “Happiness-Fund”. The Happiness-Fund will start its activities as per January 1 2007.
- The goal of the Happiness-Fund is to promote the maintenance, updating and scientific use of the World Database of Happiness.
- The World Database of Happiness is a continuous register of scientific research on subjective enjoyment of life. The Register of the database is currently hosted at the University Library of the Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands, and is available at the internet address: http://worlddatabaseofhappiness.eur.nl
- The Finances of the Happiness-Fund are held by the Vereniging Trustfonds Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam, here after Trustfund EUR, and the Happiness-Fund is administered as a separate entity.
Article 2: Means
- The means of the Happiness-Fund come from donations. Donations can be made to the Vereniging Trustfonds EUR, Rotterdam, bank account number:
IBAN NL15 FTSB 0255 4036 07, specifying: “in favour of the Happiness-Fund”.
- The Happiness-Fund accepts donations from individuals, groups or foundations that are willing to support its goals.
- The first donations to the Happiness-Fund were provided by Prof. Dr. Ruut Veenhoven, hereafter called the “Founder” and by the Trustfund EUR, who each donated 5000 Euro.
- To secure continual availability of the World Database of happiness on the Internet, the Happiness-Fund will keep a reserve of at least 10% of the reserves of the fund, with a minimum of € 5.000 for the first 20 years, i.e. until the year 2027.
Article 3: Endowments
- Proposals to support activities that promote the achievement of the goals of the Happiness-Fund can be made by scholars involved in the scientific study of happiness.
- Decisions on such proposals are made by the board of the Trustfund, after having solicited advice from:
a. The Dean of the faculty of Social Sciences of Erasmus University Rotterdam,
b. The Founder, or after his retirement the Stichting Studie Geluk (Foundation for the Study of Happiness) in Rotterdam.
c. The Librarian of the Erasmus University.
Article 4: Information to the Founder
- The finances of the Happiness-Fund will be administered by the Trustfund EUR and will be presented in the annual report of the Trustfund EUR, together with other “Bestemmingsfondsen” (funds with a specific objective).
- The Founder, or after his retirement the Foundation for the Study of Happiness, will receive a copy of the annual report.
Article 5: Fees
- The services of the Trustfund EUR will be cost neutral for the Happiness-Fund , i.e. no debits, no credits.
Agreed on—December 2006 in Rotterdam by :
The Founder, Prof. Dr. Ruut Veenhoven
Faculty of Social Sciences EUR , Prof. dr. Henk G. Schmidt ( Dean)
Vereniging Trustfonds EUR, Drs. Bernhard W.G. Dalenoord (hon. Secretary)
University Library Erasmus University Rotterdam, Dr. Paul E.L.J. Soetaert (Librarian)
Back to startpage of World Database of Happiness